Thursday, June 17, 2010

the randoms of my mind

It’s funny how one day can change everything. How one moment can change everything. One thought. One question. One action. Everything someone does can have the domino effect on everything else.

I’m here, and I’m alive and I question every day if I’ve done something to deserve this. I question if the choices I’ve made have given me this life, or if the choices other people around me have given me this life. Am I in charge of my own destiny? Am I in charge of everything that happens in my life? If I could foresee a car crash I was going to get into in the future, would I have the ability to change it? Would I be living everyday scared that I was going to get into that accident? Could I be prepared for it? Would I be able to avoid it? Or by trying to avoid it would I get into a worse accident? In your life and in your death, does it all really matter?

As a little girl, every adult in my life warned me about strangers. As an adult, all I ever do is meet strangers. Everyone says I have an excellent judge of character but I’m beginning to question my ability. There’s no way one can possibly hold up their guard for every minute of every day. The guard slips once in awhile. I could meet people that have a huge impact on my life, or even for just a brief moment. Every moment means something. Every blink and breath is important. Every choice I make amounts to something. Maybe it’s just something to me, or maybe it makes a difference to someone else. But it means something. We’re here. We know right from wrong, but we still make decisions hoping they’ll turn out for the best.

1 comment:

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

Living in a big city, I've learned more than ever that stranger danger is still a reality. Actually, they're nuts in the suburbs too. Nuts everywhere!